Check out the incredible human slinky!
Possibly the only thing cooler than giants roaming the streets would be the tiny people sitting on the sidewalks … I think this could be a recipe for disaster!
I completely disagree with the assertion that Disassociated is crap, though fully appreciate the fact that the author of Disassociated himself was the one who said it! WallStreetFighter, however, IS crap … but it is incredibly entertaining, addictive and awesome crap! J/k much love to Shane!
I completely agree that the new Digg sux and concur with the many negative community reactions, and wish I had more time to spare for The Drill Down.
Up-and-coming social media, news and blogging sites of the week: Popupon, Peopleized, Picurls and Romlet. And for general lifehackery: LifeLearningToday.
Yes, these might be the coolest toilets I have ever seen. And yes, I am strange and also a fan of urban exploration pictures. Speaking of which, if you haven’t seen these I recommend checking out these sets of 7 Abandoned, Deserted, Underground and Underwater Wonders of the World.
Finally, thanks as always to Mike, Jeff and Kris who help keep this show and others on the road, not to mention John who is the (One) Man.
HoodMonkey: You can always make a new Batman spork.
One quote might not be enough … want to add your quote? Thoughts? Feel free!
No, the above things aren’t actually related. Anyway, heading to DC for a bit of a break and such. Big deadlines coming up, stress building, etc… of course now I find out I might also have to do some work while there to stay caught up! Such is life. Rant. It may be time for another rant soon. Meanwhile, happy Wednesday!
After six months, it seems like a good time to do a ‘best of’ post for this site. Diggin through my Google Analytics account I was actually surprised at what turned out to be some of my top content. Instead of trying to pick out what I think is the best stuff on here, I left it up to the numbers. Without further ado, here are the most popular posts from the last half-year on All Sux dot Com:
(7) Link lists have always been a crowd-pleaser, and are a great way to brain-dump cool stuff I find online.
(6) Apparently, a great deal of people approved of my suggestion that we use that horrible Chocolate Rain video in place of other forms of torture.
(5) Some semi-offtopic posts actually do pretty well, go figure. My comparison of three sites on which to write and make money was fairly popular.
(4) They say a pictures is worth a thousand words. Sadly, this picture turned out to represent thousands of lives.
(3) I admit I occassionally play fun little SEO (Search Engine Optimization) games, particularly if I want to outrank a scammy site (like Helium.com) or an article I disagree with. This was one of those cases.
(2) One of my personal favorites, this rant about Conservapedia was picked up by Fark.com which almost crashed this site, sending thousands of hits per hour!
(1) Sometimes simplicity is the best policy. Believe it or not, coming in at over 15,000 views, this image which requires no explanation is the most-viewed content of all time on All Sux dot Com!
I think my biggest shock in looking all of these up was the fact that most of my old content, which I remember thinking ‘wow, that got a lot of hits!’ is near the top of the pile. I guess I’m getting used to all the additional traffic, and old posts which got hundreds of hits seem small by comparison. Now I barely notice unless a post hits at least 5K (not on this site, but on other sites I write for) … am I getting jaded?